Best practice for creating an outcome
Click on the goal title to open the goal detail page from the Roadmap goal card.
The goal detail page is the one-page summary of the goal, outcomes and tasks, including all downstream goals should there be any.
On the goal detail page you can (in order left to right):
- Edit the goal by clicking on the edit icon
- Add an outcome of the goal by clicking on the add outcome icon
- Chat with collaborators via the Goal channel. The goal channel
is automatically created on goal creation and the channel is the name of the goal.
- Delete the goal if no longer required by clicking on the delete icon
On the goal detail page, you can see the following charts:
- The current progress of the goal achieved to date. Progress is calculated by the average of the progress of outcomes.
- The current confidence the goal will be delivered on time. Confidence is calculated by the average of the confidence on all outcomes.
- The outcome progress as a percent by each outcome.
- A time-based chart showing when any updates to the goal have been made. This informs the owner, manager, or collaborator of how often the goal is worked on.
Beneath the charts you can see:
- The table of outcomes.
- The table of tasks relating to the outcomes and goal.
Create the outcomes
The outcome is a key result or a how the goal will be achieved.
The science is if all the ‘hows’ are achieved the goal is achieved or in the best possible position to be achieved.
Click the Create Outcome icon (the circle with plus at the top of the page or the + button in the outcome component).
- Name the outcome
- Set the due date
- Report the current progress as a percentage from 0 to 100%
- Report your confidence of delivery as outcome owner between 0 and 1. e. Add a description if required.
- Save the outcome and repeat the process for all outcomes required on the goal.