Where you can add a collaborator to a goal
You can add a collaborator to a goal from the goal detail page or the following modules:
How to add a collaborator to a goal
The saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved... that may well be true. But collaboration is more than just halving a problem. It's about supporting, mentoring and guiding your teammates to help them succeed!
There are 2 ways to add a collaborator:
- Directly in the goal editor
- @mention a person on the goal channel
To add a collaborator in the goal editor:
1. Open the goal editor ( the + button in the modules listed above or the edit goal button in line with the goal you want to add the collaborator to).
2. Click the Add Collaborator button
3. Start typing the name of the person you are adding as a collaborator to the goal.
4. Select the person's name
5. Hit the save collaborator button
6. Rinse and repeat if need be
7. Hit save goal
Adding a collaborator by @mentioning the person on the goal channel is a great way to notify the person and to introduce them to the goal and why you have added them.
Open the goal's channel by clicking the goal channel button in line with the goal
Type @ then the person's name without leaving a space
Select the person's name by clicking it
Type your message and hit post
If you have @ mentioned any people that are not already a member of the channel or collaborating on the goal a pop up will appear asking you if you want to add those you @mentioned as a collaborator. Check the checkbox for those that should be added and click, add as a collaborator.
The channel gets updated and the person is added as a collaborator on the goal.
Now you know how, go collaborate!